|Portale | Blog | Album | Guestbook | FlashChat | Statistiche | Links | Calendario | Downloads | Commenti karma | TopList | Topics recenti | Vota Forum|
|Desert Schools Tips on Increasing Fuel Efficiency Posted On
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno
Registrato: 06/08/19 06:28
Desert Schools Tips on Increasing Fuel Efficiency
Posted On : Mar-04-2011 | seen (364) times | Article Word Count : 563 |
Gasoline is one of those necessary things that just about everyone uses on a daily basis. When prices at the pump go up
1. Avoid prolonged warming up of engine
2. Don鈥檛 start and stop engine needlessly. Idling your engine for one minute consumes the gas amount equivalent to when you start the engine.
3. Avoid 鈥渞evving鈥?the engine.
4. Buy gasoline during coolest time of day 鈥?early morning or late evening is best.
5. Choose type and brand of gasoline carefully. Certain brands provide you with greater economy because of better quality.
6. Avoid filling gas tank to top. Overfilling results in sloshing over and out of tank. Never fill gas tank past the first 鈥渃lick鈥?of fuel nozzle, if nozzle is automatic.
7. Traveling at fast rates in low gears can consume up to 45% more fuel than is needed.
8. Keep windows closed when traveling at fast speeds. Open windows cause air drag, reducing your mileage by 10%.
9. Slowing down or speeding up wastes fuel.
10. Think ahead when approaching hills. If you accelerate
11. Do not rest left foot on floor board pedals while driving. The slightest pressure puts 鈥渕echanical drag鈥?on components, wearing them down prematurely. This 鈥渄ragging鈥?also demands additional fuel usage.
12. Avoid rough roads whenever possible
13. Use alternate roads when safer, shorter, straighter.
14. Park car so that you can later begin to travel in forward gear; avoid reverse gear maneuvers to save gas.
15. Regular tune-ups ensure best economy.
16. Inspect suspension and chassis parts for occasional misalignment. Bent wheels
17. Inflate all tires to maximum limit. Don鈥檛 forget to get your tires rotated as needed.
18. Auto air conditioners can reduce fuel economy by 10% to 20%.
19. Remove excess weight from trunk or inside of car.
20. Car pool as much as you can with friends and family.
Even with fuel efficiency tips you will need to fill up your tank with gas at some point or another. Desert Schools urges you to be cautious of a one of the newest and fastest rising forms of identity theft called skimming. Skimming happens when someone places a device into where you swipe your credit or debit cards. The device records your card account information and personal ID numbers (PIN). One of the most common places for this type of identity theft and fraud is at the gas station pumps. One thing you can be on the look-out for is loose parts or glue around the card reader.
Moving is complicated process with many problematic works. But it can be made easier and safer. Proper packing and safe transportation of household items is mandatory for a successful home relocation. Improper packing and transportation can cause to damage or breakage of articles during long-distance move. Thus, it is always advisable and safe to hire the expert moving services of a professional packers and mover.
There are many professional moving companies or packers and movers in different major cities and towns of India. Hiring a good moving company in your locality will surely give you hassle-free and comfortable relocation experience. Your household items will be packed properly using good quality packing supplies into strong moving boxes. Goods will be transported to your new destination door step in time.
When it comes to hire a moving company, you should always hire a mover that is not only economical but also registered
Professional packers and movers companies provide services for both kinds of moving – local moving and long-distance moving. They provide a variety of moving & allied services to mak.
|Desert Schools Tips on Increasing Fuel Efficiency Posted On|